Mudbutton's Barn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MBS, SOM, SOM Drafting

3 posters

Go down

MBS, SOM, SOM Drafting Empty MBS, SOM, SOM Drafting

Post  cavanaghlegato Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Joey told me the other night that draft is the one format he wouldn't be willing to stake me in yet.

Sooooo guess what I've been practicing. Smile

I've been using the TCGPlayer Single Draft Utility for practice. Not the most reliable software, but it's a start.

I'm just going to use this thread to post my draft numbers if any of you want to look them up or if I need to look them up again later. It's actually nifty because you can go back and look at the pick-by-pick, which I might go over with Joey / Ken when we're waiting for Magic Online rounds to start late in the morning.

Kevin's Draft Numbers (First Pick, Second Pick, Other Highlight Cards)
3362468 (Phyrexian Vatmother, Go For The Throat, 2x Tel-Jilad Fallen, 2x Untamed Might)
*3363627 (Consecrated Sphinx, Black Sun's Zenith, 2x Rager, Artifacts for metalcraft)
3365046 (Myr Sire, Leonin Skyhunter, 3x Leonin Skyhunter, 2x V. Reins, 2x Glint Hawk Idol, 3x Myr)
3366097 (Flesh-Eater Imp, Divine Offering, 1x Corrupter, 1x Grasp, 1x Trigon of Rage)
3366982 (Phyrexian Rebirth, Choking Fumes, 2x Rot Wolf, 2x Carrion Call, 1x Hydra)
3367958 (Lumengrid Gargoyle, Tezzeret, 2x Silver Myr, 2x Leaden Myr, 2x Occulus)
3371169 (Bonehoard, Flesh Eater Imp, 2x Crusader, Trigon Rage/Infestation, Untamed Might)

Last edited by cavanaghlegato on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:35 pm; edited 7 times in total
cavanaghlegato
cavanaghlegato
Admin

https://mudbutton.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

MBS, SOM, SOM Drafting Empty Would love to draft more....

Post  Falkor Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Great draft articles on ChannelFireball, Especially by Wrapter (David Ochoa), who is basically a MODO draft shark.

He outlines the entire change, and goes through pick analysis, and makes very unconventional picks at times. He makes it work.

This is the best skill to practice on MODO, since you can always fire one up. It's the primary reason I would start a MODO account, and I vowed that I would do so a couple of years ago, and just never did. Perhaps now is a good time, if I can have someone over my shoulder to help.

Falkor

Back to top Go down

MBS, SOM, SOM Drafting Empty Re: MBS, SOM, SOM Drafting

Post  cavanaghlegato Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:14 pm

I do the MODO thing with Ken & Joey, but don't feel like creating an account to strictly draft until I'm regularly attending PT's. Doesn't seem worth the investment.
cavanaghlegato
cavanaghlegato
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MooMooChicken Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:32 pm

On [url=tappedout.net]tappedout.net[/url] you can draft with real people. However to play your draft you need to find a group of people who would play over MWS with you.
MooMooChicken
MooMooChicken

Back to top Go down

Post  cavanaghlegato Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Would it be possible to pick a time for all of us to get on to draft? I don't know how the site works.

Kevin
Marc
Joey
Ken
Tom
Dave
Shun
Jesse

cavanaghlegato
cavanaghlegato
Admin